Friday, August 24, 2012

End-of-summer trip and reading list

We're planning on going to the beach in a few weeks. I'm looking forward to sun, sea, and built-in-babysitters (my parents are coming with us) so that I can get some reading and writing done. I've just signed with WiDo Publishing (LOVE them!) and will likely have a first round of edits to tackle (very nervous, very excited.) I also have a few books I'm looking forward to escaping into:

Wake - Amanda Hocking. This girl is an inspiration for me. She built her own online empire from the ground up and then graciously moved into mainstream publishing. And her other books kept me up til I finished them.

Clockwork Angel - Cassandra Clare. I am so interested in this series, but I haven't read any of them yet so I'm starting with the prequel, which is a best-seller.

Platform - Michael Hyatt. A coworker of mine is one of those amazing people who can inspire anyone within five minutes of meeting her. Example: a few years back she gave up everything (and i mean everything) she owned and moved to third-world parts of Africa to do whatever she could to help. So what does this have to do with Michael Hyatt's book: Now she's back and has started a blog. She's linked to other blogger/author people and they all swear by this book for developing an author platform. Cool. I'm in.

Upcoming releases: I'm also very excited about a couple of releases coming up soon: "Defiance" by C.J. Redwine and "Super Sweet 16th Century" by Rachel Harris. I've heard fantastic things about Rachel Harris's new book via pre-release reviews. Check out this one I just read: http://eileenlisblog.blogspot.com/2012/08/my-super-sweet-sixteenth-century-by_24.html. And I just watched the trailer for Defiance (check it out here: http://cjredwine.blogspot.com/2012/07/defiance-trailer.html.) OMG it gave me goosebumps.

This feels like a reasonable place to make a plug for my most favorite book of all time: "Bloodroot" by Amy Greene. Rural south, mountain folk, magic, love, and betrayal.... what's not to like?

Feel free to comment about your own summer reading list or books you think should be on mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ramble on, y'all.