I am *so* excited to be a stop on Ellie Garratt's blog tour for her newest release- a collection of nine frighteningly dark tales - which is my favorite kind of story. Welcome, Ellie!
Thank you for hosting me, Jadie. I’m thrilled to be spending the seventh day of my Passing Time Blog Tour with you.
When I first started blogging back in early 2010, and had no real idea of what I wanted to write or even why, one of my favourite activities was taking part in ten things lists. To take part you were usually tagged by another blogger and asked to reveal ten things about you others may not know. Nowadays I tend to avoid tags because of the amount of time they involve, but I thought today I would re-visit one of my favourite ways of passing time.
Ten Things You May Not Know About Me:
1. I've had four surnames in my life but not been married once.
2. I shared my birth surname with one of the most famous writers in the world. We also like writing in the same genre.
3. The first story I ever wrote was about an intergalactic hooverman who cleared space debris. Needless to say, it sucked.
4. I love post-it notes. If I see some I’ve not used before, I have to buy them.
5. I have a crush on Professor Brian Cox, who I think is a modern day Carl Sagan.
6. When I was a child all I ever wanted was a Millennium Falcon and some storm troopers. Unfortunately, I got Barbie.
7. I still use Word 2003. I’ve never been able to get on with any later editions.
8. I’ve never read Harry Potter.
9. I wrote my first novel on a Brother word processor over 15 years ago. Each chapter took up a whole floppy disc.
10. I wish I had known I wanted to be a writer 20 years ago.
So, can you guess which famous author I once shared a surname with? Are you shocked by any of my admissions? Do you share any with me?
Nine dark fiction stories that may just give you nightmares.
A man lives to regret Passing Time. A father will do anything to save his son in Expiration Date. An author finds out her worst nightmare is back in The Devil’s Song. A woman gets more than the claim fee when she takes out vampire insurance in Luna Black. In Dining in Hell, the Death Valley Diner becomes the wrong place to stop. A serial killer wants to add another file to his collection in The Vegas Screamer. In Eating Mr. Bone, an undertaker could meet an unfortunate end. A con man meets his first ghost in Land of the Free. And will truth finally be set free in The Letter?
About The AuthorA life-long addiction to reading science fiction and horror, meant writing was the logical outlet for Ellie Garratt’s passions. She is a reader, writer, blogger, Trekkie, and would happily die to be an extra in The Walking Dead. Her short stories have been published in anthologies and online. Passing Time is her first eBook collection and contains nine previously published stories. Her science fiction collection Taking Time will be published later in the year.
Ellie, thank you again for spending time with us today! I share #10 with you. I wish I'd followed my heart and majored in creative writing and/or English in college. The upside: I love where I am in my life, so I can't regret any decisions I've made along the way. Good luck with Passing Time. I can't wait to read it!